Full Text:WOODSTOCK, ILL. M. G. Tripp, Photographer, Is a native of Woodstock, Ill., and has been in business for himself ever since 1891 at his present location. He has shown a marked ability in his chosen profession and has succeeded in building up a creditable patronage in his line. The Headlight is glad to acknowledge that the excellent illustrations shown in this number of Headlight are largely due to the skill of Mr. Tripp. V. E. Jones, Livery, Boarding and Feed Stable. This is the oldest establishment of its kind in the city, and has been under its present ownership and management since the business was started in 1873. Mr. Jontes is a native of New York state, located in Woodstock when he was six years old, and has occupied his present location since December, 1896. The building is equipped and fitted up in the latest and most approved sanitary style and is thoroughly adapted for the livery busi ness. Every detail is under the direct supervision of Mr. Jones, who is also engaged in buying and selling all kinds of stock in addition to running this business. F. J. 5chroeder, Merchant Tailor. The subject of this article came to America in 1882 from Germany, after serving an apprenticeship of seven years at his trade. He was first located at Crystal Lake, and has been a resident of Woodstock since 1883. He has secured a liberal patronage of the very best people in the city, has a reputation for carrying a first-class stock, and his suits, overcoats, etc., are finished in the most approved and up-to-date manner. C. W. Hill, Blacksmith. Mr. Hill is a native of McHenry county and has been a resident of Woodstock since 1886. He represents the South Ward in the Council, was elected in 1896, and is the valued member of the Board. In addition to doing an extensive horseshoeing trade he does a considerable jobbing business, and is one of the most enterprising business men in his line throughout McHenry county. Mr. Hill is a first-class mechanic, and is one of the most popular business men of the place. Stupfel & Renich, Groceries and Provisions. This firm consists of Benjamin Stupfel and Chas. F. Renich. They carry a full line of staple and fancy groceries, tobaccos and cigars and are agents for the "Giant" flour and "Challenge Blend" coffee. Mr. Stupfel is a native of Alsace, Germany, came to this country in 1871,' locating in McHenry county, and has been a resident of Woodstock since 1886. Mr. Renich is a native of Woodstock, Ill., and has a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. Both members of the firm are thorough business men and have built up an extensive trade. C. F. Kingman, Dealer in "Pet Stock." This is a most unique and interesting establishment. It makes a specialty of breeding and raising all kinds of pet stock, among which special attention is given to a breed of rabbits known by the name of "Flemish Giants," they being the largest rabbit in the world, weighing from fourteen to twenty-one pounds at maturity. Another breed is called "German Giants," which was originally an importation from the country whose name they bear. Belgian hares, both heavy and light, standard bred, are included, together with a varied assortment of what are known as Black-and-Tans, Himalayian and Angora rabbits, Lops, Peruvian and Guinea pigs, measuring from six to eight and one-half inches, also Peruvian and black smooth Guinea pigs, Angora and Persian cats, ferrets and large runt and hen pigeons, and various other species too numerous to mention. These are contained in a building specially erected for the purpose, and it is one of the largest and best equipped pet stock buildings in America, an illustration of which is shown' in connection with this article. Woodstock Lumber Company, Builders' Supplies. This concern was organized in 1897, and is under the management of Mr. H. L. Fish. They do a large business in sawed and manufactured lumber of all kinds, and handle a complete line of cement, tile, lime and brick. Mr. Fish is a native of Wisconsin, and has been identified with the lumber business for a number of years. He is a popular member of the A. F. & A. M., and is a highly respected citizen of Woodstock. H. N. Towne, Groceries, Fruits, Etc. Mr. Towne is located in the Primm block, and has been connected with the grocery business for a number of years, starting in for himself April 1, 1897, at his present location. He is a native of McHenry county, and through his acquaintances and experience in the business he has secured a large share of the local patronage. His stock consists of the best of everything in the line of groceries, vegetables, fruits, cigars, tobacco, etc., together with a varied assortment of crockery and woodenware, and also an especially fine line of bakery goods, which are made fresh every day, and is complete in every respect. The Primm block is centrally located. C. W. HILL S BLACKSMITH SHOP. NORTHWESTERN RABBITRY. C F. KINGMAN & CO., PROPRIETORS. WOODSTOCK LUMBER CO., H. L. FISH, MANAGER.